Since 2012, the Aspen Institute Business and Society Program has hosted Summits for First Mover Fellows, colleagues and invited experts from the fields of design thinking, leadership, corporate responsibility, innovation, sustainability and more.
The Summits provide business leaders with a platform to gain the tools, skills and network they need to drive innovations that increase business value and make the world a better place.
THE FELLOWSHIP NETWORK
First Movers is the leading global network of corporate social intrapreneurs. Fellows are accomplished innovators inside companies who are creating new products, services and management practices that deliver financial value to their companies and positive social and environmental outcomes for the world. Click the link below to learn more about the individuals and companies in the Fellowship network.
As of June 2017…
- 9 classes and counting!
- 170+ Fellows in the community.
- 115 companies headquartered in 21 countries.
- 30 companies have more than one Fellow in the program.
THE FIRST MOVERS SUMMIT
The 2017 Summit will provide participants with an opportunity to reconnect with Fellows from their class and foster new connections. Summit speakers are drawn from the First Movers community, the Design Team and invited guests from business, academia and the Aspen Institute's network who have a prominent connection to social intrapreneurship.
- Connect: Build lasting bonds across the classes of Fellows and network with other experts in social intrapreneurship.
- Collaborate: Explore how Fellows working on similar challenges (e.g. supply chains, financial inclusion, diversity & inclusion) can share insights and work together for greater impact.
- Learn: Reinforce skills acquired in First Movers seminars and gain new ones. Find answers to current challenges by engaging in dialogue with peers, business leaders and academic experts.
- Inspire: Gain the courage, motivation and support you need to grow personally and professionally.
- Envision: Take time to reflect, prioritize and plan. Think deeply about the future of your career, your industry and the world.
THE FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
The Aspen Institute First Movers Fellowship Program is an innovation lab and leadership development program for corporate social intrapreneurs. Founded in 2009, First Movers is designed around four core themes; innovation, leadership, reflection and community. It strengthens the capacity of Fellows to lead change within their company and industry – which collectively, over time, will redefine how business is done and how success is measured.
The First Movers Fellowship Program is housed within the Aspen Institute Business and Society Program (Aspen BSP) whose mission is to build the courage and conviction of business leaders to think long-term and act in the best interests of society.